You are invited to express an interest to become a RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) mentor.
A mentor serves as a guide and example to someone seeking to become Catholic by accompanying them in friendship and with prayer, the mentor introduces the person to how Catholics live and practice our faith.
The primary role of a mentor is to offer a welcoming spirit by:
- Inviting the candidate to sit with you and your family at Mass
- Showing them around the parish
- Introduce them to your parishioner friends
- Encourage them to get involved in ministry and parish life such as morning teas, events etc.
Mentors are not expected to have theological knowledge to provide the candidate with any teachings.
Mentors will be paired with someone who has expressed an interest in becoming Catholic at our Parish.
No prior training or experience required as mentors will receive ongoing support and formation from Fr Troy.
Who can be a mentor?
- Anyone who has been fully initiated in the Catholic Church; and be a practicing and participating member of the parish community.
- Singles, Young Adults, Couples, Seniors or Families are all invited.
Information session for Mentors:
An information session will be held on Wednesday 16 August 2023 at 7:00pm at the parish office for all who would like to become a mentor.