We welcome you and your child into the life of our Parish through the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation. These Sacraments of Initiation are a wonderful opportunity for parents and children to renew their faith; to discover God who is present in all we do.
What do I need to do to prepare?
- It is essential that you attend the relevant information session. These sessions provide important details about your child’s preparation for the Sacrament. Home Preparation Materials are also distributed at this time.
- It is important that you are actively involved in the parish community through regular attendance at Mass each weekend. You may also like to join a group, bring your child to Children’s Liturgy on Sunday morning, join the parish roster or reach out to the wider Gungahlin community through St Vincent de Paul.
- Students attending Holy Spirit, Good Shepherd or Mother Teresa Primary Schools - preparation will be provided by you at home and supported by their classroom learning.
- Young people attending any other school - preparation classes are provided by the Parish. These will be held on Saturday afternoon from 4:45pm to 5:45pm during school term. Details of the dates will be available at the information session.
Confirmation May 2018
Young people in Year 6 or above are invited to prepare for their Confirmation through full and active participation in the Parish community.
A Parent and Child Information Session will be held on
- Tuesday 20 February 1:00pm OR 6:00pm in the church at Amaroo
It is important that you and your child attend one of the information sessions prior to enrolment.
You will receive the enrolment form and home preparation kit.
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated during the week commencing 29 May, exact dates will be advised at the information session.
An example of 2017 preparation process is available here.
First Eucharist and First Reconciliation
If your child a baptised Catholic in Year 3 or above and you would like them to receive the Sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation for the first time you will need to complete the following preparation (2017).
**Please note registrations have closed for 2017. Check here or the Parish bulletin for 2018 dates.